How do I get more reviews online?
This is the question everyone wants to know. It is no secret that online reviews for your business play an important role in your company’s growth. Consumers today have countless ways of researching a business at their fingertips. Whether it be their laptop or smartphone, or researching on Google, Facebook, or other social media platforms. The vast majority of people read reviews before deciding to purchase a product or support a business. Before we dive into strategies for getting more online reviews, we’ll look at specific details about exactly why online reviews are so important.
Why are online reviews important?
Online reviews serve several purposes. They directly impact your business’s online reputation, credibility, SEO, and local SEO, or how your business ranks in local, geographical searches. All of these factors play a pivotal role in the success of your company’s online presence.
Online reviews can make or break a business’s reputation and credibility. Think about how often you, your friends, family members, or colleagues read a review online before purchasing from a business. Here are some eye-opening statistics on how online reviews impact businesses (Trustpilot 2020).
- 82% of consumers will read online reviews for a local business. This increases to 93% if they fall between the ages of 35-54.
- It takes an average of 10 online reviews before consumers feel like they can trust a local business.
- About half of consumers say that a positive review influences whether or not they will purchase from a business.
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is influenced by many different things, including online reviews. Reviews are particularly important for local SEO when people in your geographical area are searching for businesses. Google will actually rank your business higher if you have more positive, online reviews. If your business ranks high in Google, then you’re more likely to get more business. Online reviews are crucial for growing your business.
Develop a strategy to get more reviews.
Now that we’ve established exactly why it’s so important to have online reviews, let’s talk strategy. What are some ways for your business to boost the number of online reviews it receives?
If you are a product-based business and sell physical products online or in a brick-and-mortar store, here are a few strategies you can use to boost the number of reviews you get.
- Send automated emails or texts. After your customer receives their product, send them a reminder asking for feedback on the product. You can put a link directly in the message so that it’s easy for them to leave an online review.
- Put a thank you note in your packaging. You can include a note that encourages them to leave a review with QR code that will take the customer directly to your website or Google My Business.
- Include a widget or link on your website and emails for reviews. Make it as easy as possible for customers to leave a review. By putting a widget or link on your website and in your emails, customers can easily submit a review, making them more likely to leave one.
If you have a service-based business, some of these strategies can still be used. You will just tweak them to meet your business’s needs.
- Send a thank you email or text. After your clients receive your services, thank them. Let them know you appreciate their business and would love to hear their feedback. In your message, be sure to include a link to your website or Google business. This makes it easier (and more likely) for the customer to leave a review.
- Put a QR code near where you accept payments. If you are a brick-and-mortar service-based business, you can display this code along with a note stating you appreciate feedback on their experience. Customers can then scan the code and be sent directly to your website review page or your Google My Business
The main takeaways of these strategies are to put the focus on the customer by asking for their feedback and to make it as easy as possible for them to leave a review.
Now you can begin to implement these strategies in your business to increase your reputability, credibility, SEO, and local SEO. If you’re still feeling overwhelmed or you’re not sure where to start or how to implement these strategies, please reach out to us. We specialize in digital marketing and can help you every step of the way. Our team works side by side with you to implement strategies that will be most effective for your unique products and services. Our number one goal is to help your business succeed!