What social media platforms are best for B2B businesses?
Social media. Everyone is on it. It’s become an integral part of our society and day-to-day life. That’s why it’s become increasingly important for businesses to have a social media presence. How many people do you know that go and research a business on social media before deciding to do business with them? Probably a lot. This is true not only for product-based businesses but for service-based businesses too. If you’re a B2B business and aren’t sure which social media platforms are right for you, look no further! We’ve compiled a list outlining which social media platforms are the best for B2B businesses.
You really need to be on LinkedIn if you are a B2B business. LinkedIn is a social media platform that focuses on building connections and networking with other professionals. Think of it as one big online networking event. All B2B businesses can benefit from LinkedIn, especially small businesses and those in the finance, information technology, and marketing industries. Check out these stats from Hootsuite for B2B marketing on LinkedIn.
- 4 out of 5 people on LinkedIn drive business decisions. That means when you’re on LinkedIn, you can build your network full of people who make decisions on who to do business with. That can have a huge impact on your sales funnel.
- 96% of B2B content marketers use LinkedIn for organic social marketing. When your business is on LinkedIn, it’s on a social media platform where people actively seek out professional content. Your content can drive organic traffic right to your website, which in turn, boosts your search rankings.
Ah, the king of social media. Did you know it is the third most visited website in the entire world? Not to mention over half of those on social media (59%) are on Facebook. That’s more than any other social media platform. Just given the sheer number of users on Facebook, your B2B business should have a Facebook page. If that doesn’t convince you to get on Facebook, these stats will.
- Those that are decision-makers in business spend about 74% more time per day on Facebook when compared to any other user category.
- Facebook’s advertising audience is over 2 billion strong. The average Facebook user clicks on about 12 ads per month, which is exactly why just about half of B2B businesses take advantage of these ads.
Twitter may not be the first social media platform that comes to mind for B2B marketing, but it is one of the top social media platforms for it. Many B2B businesses are on the fence about Twitter, but with over 500 million tweets each day and 20% of all United States internet users using it monthly, there’s no denying its popularity and reach. These stats speak for themselves.
- About 79% of people on Twitter like to discover what’s new.
- 53% are more likely to be the first to buy new products or services.
This one may surprise you, but YouTube is actually the second largest search engine, just behind Google, making it the second most visited website in the world. With today’s users, video content is becoming increasingly popular, so it’s no surprise YouTube brings in such a huge audience. When your business generates leads through YouTube, these leads are more likely to be high quality. Why is that? Well, people are more likely to view a video on a topic they are interested in. YouTube can be intimidating, but just look at these stats and see for yourself how beneficial using this platform can be.
- 90% of YouTube users have discovered a new business using the platform.
- 64% of B2B businesses are taking advantage of YouTube’s audience to market their business.
Traditionally considered more for product-based businesses, Instagram is starting to make its way to the B2B world. Oftentimes Instagram is touted as a B2C (business to consumer) platform, but that isn’t necessarily the case. In fact, B2B businesses experience some of the largest engagement ratios on Instagram. Check out these statistics about Instagram users.
- 90% of Instagram users follow at least one business on the platform.
- Half of the users have used Instagram to discover new businesses.
In today’s world, social media remains to be one of the most effective ways for advertising and boosting organic traffic, but it can be overwhelming, to say the least. There are so many different platforms and strategies, it’s difficult to know where to begin. That’s where we come in. We are experts in social media marketing. We are ready to help your business, so what are you waiting for? Reach out to our team today.